Sourcing Data Analyst (Entry Level) - Print/Point of Sale/Premiums
The key purpose of the role is to undertake analysis of product sourcing data within APAC with primary focus on the Greater China region.
The key purpose of the role is to undertake analysis of product sourcing data within APAC with primary focus on the Greater China region. Strategic Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing value driving sourcing mechanisms to support our account team’s multi-million pound print spend. These sourcing mechanisms include development of fixed price agreements with suppliers (rate cards), use of e-auctions and use of an automated pricing tool
(Quick Quote) alongside the use of Hhub to generate quotes from suppliers. The team is also responsible for pricing new opportunities that contain significant elements of print & POSM procurement to support HH Global’s business development team.
Data is the window into strategic sourcing and this role requires an analytical yet creative thinker who has the technical ability to build tools and use techniques in excel or other tools that will allow Strategic Sourcing to drive focus onto appropriate areas of opportunity. The successful candidate will need to develop and prepare quantitative analysis, build
modelling based on historical data, be able to interpret and transfer data into meaningful information to support business opportunities and support the local managers in developing new suppliers and sourcing strategies.
Technical Skills and Personal Attributes
- Post graduate educated to degree level (or local country equivalent) in Maths, Statistics or Economics
- Data analysis and management reporting
- Strong Maths and Statistics skills
- Must have advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Access would be an advantage
- Experience of using reporting software (e.g. business objects, Power BI)
- Be strong at planning and organising multiple pieces of information in to a coherent structure
- Have the ability to understand basic business finance and purchase to pay processes.
- Have strong English both verbal and written skills.
- Have strong verbal and written skills in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese would be an advantage.
- Experience of Supply Chain for Greater China
- Experience/knowledge of print or POSM sector
- Ability to understand and manipulate Microsoft Excel VBA
- Negotiation skills
- Ambitious – this is an important role within Strategic Sourcing and the insight provided by the Junior Analyst will drive the data used to create the team’s sourcing strategy
- Team player – will be working in a small team and will need to cross skill to support colleagues
- Adaptable – must have positive attitude to change and be prepared to take on new challenges and opportunities as they arise
- Self-starter – HH Global has a fast paced, dynamic working culture and the Junior Analyst must have the personal qualities necessary to thrive in this environment. Working with a positive outlook, with an eye for detail whilst being able to communicate a simplified conclusion.
- Ability to work within ‘virtual’ teams to deliver specific pricing assessments when face to face management is not always possible