Art Director - Wakefield
As the Art Director you will manage and work on the design of all creative work for one of the UK’s biggest financial companies. You will be a strong leader to manage and mentor an established team ensuring the design solutions are delivered to the highest standard. You will be part of taking multi-channel design concepts through to execution. Strategic with a strong, confident presence when presenting, able to excite clients with passion and an enthusiastic approach.
- Build strategy and develop creative solutions to meet the client’s needs, in line with their overall marketing strategy, working with HH Global account teams and client marketing teams.
- Responsible for complete development of specific projects, from concept, through design, to creating media-ready artwork.
- Attend client briefings and meetings
- Create and present creative work to clients and agencies with clear rationale.
- Concept, creative, design, artwork and copy feedback / approval.
- Ensure that the client’s visual identity guidelines are upheld.
- This is a hands-on role were concept creation and development are required by you as well as your supporting team.
- Manage, mentor and delegate tasks for the design team to develop.
- Managing and developing the creative and conceptual capabilities of the creative team and broader creative resource.
- On-going management of team performance and development, setting team and individual targets in line with both account and company objectives.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Degree level in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or other design field.
- Design/Production experience.
- Ability to create fresh new design ideas and innovative concepts, able to think creatively and think fast.
- Detail-oriented and proactive in seeking out and correcting any errors.
- Able to manage your own projects and work under tight deadlines while maintaining production schedules.
- Enjoy a challenge and figuring out new ways to do things as efficiently as possible.
- Able to communicate in clear concise manner and comfortable with client facing tasks.
- Easy-going, able to multi-task.
- Flexible and can adapt to quickly changing priorities and tasks.
- Open to constructive criticism and can maintain a great attitude under pressure.
- Able to quickly pick-up a client’s brand guidelines and maintain brand consistency while creating innovative and strategic designs.
- You have expert skills with: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- You are a true team player and your first priority is the client’s satisfaction
- Team management and development experience essential
- Animation experience (FCPX, Apple Motion 5, After Effects)
- You have experience in working on both print and web projects. Some XHTML coding skills would be a plus