VAT & Group Reporting Accountant - Leatherhead, Surrey
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the VAT & Group Reporting accountant will be responsible for all aspects of UK and European VAT.
HH Global is the first-choice partner in outsourced marketing execution for leading brands. Applying proven processes, industry-leading technology, and the deep expertise of over 800 employees, we develop innovative solutions that drive down the cost of our clients’ printing, packaging, and creative production, while improving quality, sustainability, and speed to market. Over the past few years, we have successfully expanded and in the past financial year we saw growth in all regions of over 35%. To meet the demands of our customers as well as our own requirements, we are looking for the most motivated and talented employees in the UK market to support our ongoing growth strategy.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the VAT & Group Reporting accountant will be responsible for all aspects of UK and European VAT. It is envisaged that this is not a full time position so in addition he /she will assist the Group Finance team in various month end tasks to ensure that group reporting is both timely and accurate.
- Day to day responsibility for all aspects of UK VAT.
- Liaison with Group tax advisers as appropriate.
- Filing of required documents with HMRC.
- Assisting in the month-end process as required for related accruals and prepayments.
- Supporting the annual budget and mid-year reforecast processes as appropriate.
- Provision and delivery of training material to increase knowledge of indirect tax issues and thereby reducing the number of problems before they arise.
- Supporting the UK and European accounting teams as appropriate with indirect VAT matters.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and answering queries from Senior Finance staff as required.
- Improving the processes around indirect tax monitoring and reporting.
- Accounting for Head Office companies
- The monthly close process for the world-wide group
- Preparation of an accurate and timely month-end pack
- Intercompany balance and reconciliation process
- Ad hoc analysis for all 3 global regions.
- Liaison with other HH global finance staff
This list is not exhaustive and is designed to identify the main priorities of the role.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- VAT Qualified accountant with a sound knowledge of accounting. (including some type of accounting qualification - minimum AAT)
- Strong previous experience as an indirect tax specialist in industry or a top 10 accountancy firm.
- Strong numeracy skills;
- Strong knowledge of excel;
- Strong communication skills – both internally and externally in order to explain tax matters to lay persons.
- Experience of dealing with and resolving queries;
- Experience of working in a rapidly changing entrepreneurial culture;
- Experience with a well-known indirect tax system (particularly Avalara) would be an advantage,
- Strong organisational/time management skills;
- Eye for detail;