The Senior Account Director is responsible for the development and nurturing of one of our key accounts. This role is essential in strengthening the relationship with the client and identifying growth opportunities for the business as well as ensuring solutions are developed and delivered on time and against operational and financial business targets.
The Senior Account Director will take full responsibility for the strategic and operational management of the account under their responsibility and managing the performance of their team, ensuring all work is completed in line with the SLA.
This individual also needs to be a strong leader who can focus on the vision and strategies of the account, balance daily support needs with long-term strategy and successfully combine vision and reality into effective plans.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading account teams at a senior level for major clients in packaging and/or creative services across multiple sites and client stakeholders.
The diversity of products, services, retail environments and challenges require a strong opinion and a passionate interest in retail marketing.
- Full business unit responsibility across all areas including P&L performance, commercial and business strategy, team management and development
- Play a leading role in the delivery of client satisfaction, including client liaison, management of internal resource departments and management of external suppliers
- Manage the on and off-site account teams ensuring compliance to company operating procedures
- Manage the professional development of your team members through, appraisals, one‐to‐one meetings, mentoring and training
- Take ownership of and resolve issues, quality concerns or corrective actions
- Developing effective growth strategies and managing opportunities for the Client
- With the Senior Account Manager; build client development plans for each year
- Achieve and excel growth targets
- Manage overall financial performance of the account, risk analysis and remedy
- Identifying risks to the account and putting in place strategies to manage these risks
- Contract review and renewal
- Develop strong relationships with senior key decision makers
- Regular MI reporting and production of account relationship plans
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop positive relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective people management skills
- Able to present account planning and strategy for retention, growth and added value
- Demonstrable track record of successful client and contract management
- Ability to anticipate internal and external business issues and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Experience of managing department financials
- Extensive client service management experience, ideally with time spent working on client sites
- Extensive people management experience including performance management and team leadership
- Experienced in managing client service plans, KPI’s, budgeting, forecasting and leadership
- Significant experience in developing and maintaining client relationships
- In‐depth knowledge of Performance Improvement philosophy and implementation
- Significant experience of managing work in a fast paced retail environment
- Previous experience of presenting to Senior Management/Board level
- Strong experience of dealing with large P&L budgets
- Proven track record of operational management for client services departments
HH Global is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Recruitment.Wakefield@HHGlobal.com.