HR Assistant - Leatherhead
Exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Assistant to join an expanding HR Team in Leatherhead, Surrey.
HH Global is the first-choice partner in outsourced marketing execution for leading brands. Applying proven processes, industry-leading technology, and the deep expertise of over 800 employees, we develop innovative solutions that drive down the cost of our clients’ printing, packaging, and creative production, while improving quality, sustainability, and speed to market. Over the past few years we have successfully expanded and in the past financial year we saw growth in all regions of over 35%. To meet the demands of our customers as well as our own requirements, we are looking for the most motivated and talented employees in the UK market to support our ongoing growth strategy.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the HR EMEA team in delivering a succinct, professional HR service to the internal business. Working closely with the HR Business Partners and Payroll, Benefits and Reporting Manager this role will take responsibility for the operational aspects of the employment lifecycle.
This role reports to the HR Business Partner in Leatherhead and will play its part in supporting the business with its growth ambitions, helping us to build our sector reputation and raise the profile of our company and employee brand.
- Manage the new starter process, from offer stage through to probation completion (includes producing offer letters, employment contracts, reference checking).
- Organise and contribute to induction activities including scheduling events and sending out joining instructions.
- Produce staff contract change letters, liaise with managers as appropriate and undertake any follow up activities including updating the HR database.
- Manage the leaver process including responding to resignation letters, liaising with payroll and booking exit interviews.
- Ensure that all HR files including employee files, are set up, maintained and where necessary closed/archived.
- Deal with day-to-day administration queries from staff members and provide general administrative support.
- Support the HR Business Partners with recruitment, by coordinating interviews, managing application tracking, setting up aptitude tests and posting job adverts.
- Complete exit interviews for Junior members of staff.
- Manage the incoming invoices for the HR team, ensuring they are processed and approved in a timely manner.
- Act as ‘custodian’ of the HR intranet pages, ensuring up to date information is available to all employees across EMEA.
- Ensure all learning and development activity is recorded in line with individuals development plans and budgets.
- Act as a system super user for the HRIS and Learning Management Systems, assisting employees with ad-hoc system based queries.
- Support the HR Business Partners with ad hoc projects and provide general administrative support.
- Undertake ad-hoc research tasks as directed by the HR Business Partners.
- Ensure HR correspondence is promptly dealt with in line with all of our key people processes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of HR administration within an SME environment an advantage.
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience of Google applications, including Gmail and Google Docs.
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach to work, with the ability to question the status quo.
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise competing demands.
- Minimum requirement: GSCE grade B English, or equivalent.
- Educated to minimum of A level standard.