PRINT: WAKEFIELD/LEATHERHEAD, UK
Working in a key role the Category Director will be expected to drive the vision and strategy for strategic sourcing of Point of Sale, including 2D, 3D temporary and permanent products for the EMEA region, with input into global strategy. This position will be accountable for all relevant category sourcing activities, providing thought leadership around supply chain strategies, product innovation and market intelligence. The successful candidate will manage the dependencies between sourcing and relevant stakeholders ensuring effective handovers, supplier engagement and involvement of the appropriate parties as part of project implementations
HH Global are recruiting for a Category Director to join our team working in a key role the Category Director will be expected to drive the vision and strategy for strategic sourcing of Point of Sale, including 2D, 3D temporary and permanent products for the EMEA region, with input into global strategy.
This position will be accountable for all relevant category sourcing activities, providing thought leadership around supply chain strategies, product innovation and market intelligence.
The successful candidate will manage the dependencies between sourcing and relevant stakeholders ensuring effective handovers, supplier engagement and involvement of the appropriate parties as part of project implementations
- Establish potential savings benefits arising from HH Global procurement activity in relevant category spend
- Work with HH Global account teams to ensure that savings targets are met or exceeded in nominated accounts
- Responsible for delivery of team contribution and other financial KPIs
- Manage team in taking relevant products and services to market (utilising all relevant procurement tools, eg e-auction etc) to negotiate contracts (price and service) with relevant vendors, before handing contracts to HH Global account teams for administration
- Support the management of the transfer of production of products and services from incumbent suppliers to new vendors, when and where appropriate
- Possess a strong, well-informed assessment of how relevant product/service lines can be utilised by clients to support achievement of client broad commercial objectives
- Support the programme of relevant information dissemination for all products and services to HH Global account teams and associated clients to ensure that account teams and clients have a well-informed understanding of potential value of, in particular, emerging technologies
- Understand relevant client accounts and work with HH Global account teams and clients to design, develop and deliver solutions in line with HH Global declared objectives of driving down process and product costs whilst enhancing effectiveness of communication piece
- Drive the best practice vendor selection and procurement process across all HH Global account teams
- Determine, with relevant HH Global Client Service Directors (CSDs) or Functional Heads, criteria for identifying value and profile of work which would automatically be referred to the SS team for review at initial scoping/RFP stage
Strategic Sourcing Service Delivery
- Deliver insight and creative solutions to HH Global Operations and Business development teams when crafting bid responses (and participate in client facing meetings as required)
- Drive the Category Management response in developing and delivering proposals and presentations outlining value to target clients of HH Global’s procurement management strategy
- Review and revise the strategic approach to the category and deliver best-in-class pricing for HH Global and our clients through leveraging your network of Board level industry contacts within the marketplace.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Over 10 years experience in the relevant category
- An experienced senior professional with significant commercial experience in complex business environments
- A proven track record as a strong leader, change agent and project manager, capable of working at the most senior level in an organization
- Ability to shape/influence the supply base within the market and detailed understanding of life cycle management
- The ability to negotiate at all levels
- Experience of Business Process Re-Engineering and Procurement Outsourcing
- Proven track record of applying procurement category management tools and techniques
- Conversant with supply chain analysis and dynamics for one or more relevant product or service categories
- Proven track record of managing and leading business change and the transformation of business relationships
- Demonstrate highly developed relationship management skills and develop excellent client relationships
- Ability to constructively challenge clients regarding their requirements where appropriate and have the influencing skills to have an impact at senior levels
- Appropriate technical qualifications
- Preferably CIPS qualified or other professional qualification
- Microsoft office skills, including advanced MS excel skills
Please apply via the following link
HH Global is an industry-leading organisation and we deliver exceptional standards of service. Our team is our greatest advantage and we offer fantastic opportunities for professional growth and development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent career prospects and we are always looking for enthusiastic and innovative talent, with a desire for a challenging and rewarding career.
HH Global is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.