Sr. Financial Analyst-Vernon Hills, IL
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for leading and guiding client profitability analysis, both during the bid process.
This is an exciting time for HH Global in the United States. We are experiencing sustained growth and are looking for Amazing People to join our team. The world’s leading brands turn to HH Global for innovative marketing services – including print management, secondary packaging and creative services – to transform their marketing supply chain. HH Global reduces cost and speeds time-to-market, with razor sharp focus on quality. Our proprietary, best-in-class technology connects clients with suppliers and HH Global employees across the globe, offering virtual 24x7 support. HH Global emphasizes sustainability in all client programs, and enables inclusion of diversity suppliers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for leading and guiding client profitability analysis, both during the bid process and afterwards, will be involved in the annual budgeting and forecasting process, analyzing business performance and providing commercial support across the business. The Commercial Accountant will play a critical role in contributing towards business revenue and profit targets and delivering success.
- Review all current bid model templates and ensure that they are fit for purpose and best in practice;
- Build a suite of reports that capture monthly profitability by customer, measure against existing contract, understand contract margin degradation and make recommendations for contract variation;
- Review key clients/projects to ensure that all 3rd party costs can be billed where-ever possible;
- Be the main point of contact for all new opportunities being the link between the sales team, finance and operations;
- Supporting the production of contracts from a financial perspective;
- Identify other margin opportunities whether through cost reductions or enhanced sales;
- Provide support during the annual budget and mid-year forecasting process;
- Providing general levels of business support and commercial guidance to allow the business to achieve budget targets;
- Ad-hoc analysis and project work.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Extensive commercial expertise from a current commercial role;
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge;
- Commercial and Financial modelling;
- Excellent communication and requirement to present to senior colleagues;
- Ability to present complex data in an easy to understand manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance
- You will be keen to get very close to the business and partner with a number of key stakeholders, both financial and non-financial, providing cost-effective solutions and ideas. You will re-forecast against budget and provide ad-hoc reports and analysis, using your extensive modelling skills, to assist with decision making across the business.
- You will have a very commercial outlook and extensive business partnering, analysis and modelling skills. You will be able to demonstrate your skills effectively as well as be a strong communicator, able to work well with non-financial colleagues.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Customer Focused: Goes beyond quality, delivery, reliability and consistency - involves focusing one’s efforts on finding what a customer needs, before the customer themselves are even aware. Using this information and addressing and meeting the requirement.
- Innovation: Thinks creatively to ensure business goals are achieved and take actions to develop innovative solutions. Employees may need to find genuinely novel approaches to reduce costs, change working practices and processes, as well as to develop new opportunities.
- Relationship Building: Has the ability to build and maintain a network of business related contacts which will be useful in meeting objectives. It implies an understanding of customers’ and the wider market place and using this knowledge to develop networks and relationships.
- Results Focused: Ensuring you are a finisher as well as a starter; it involves measuring and monitoring progress and keeping an eye on the bottom line. It is important that when the change of pace is intense, distractions do not take over, and initiatives started are completed.
- Team Player: Commitment to the organisations’/ departments’ common goal, a focus on what is best for the business rather than suits the individual. It involves communicating, sharing and supporting and it goes much further than meeting others half way, it is about putting effort into building good working relationships, taking the initiative when others are slow and not being put off by negative responses.
- Achievement Drive: Wanting to do the best possible job to improve the performance of the business and the competitive position of HHG in the market place. Always looking for a better way to get things done and puts plans into practice. If improvements can be made, inadequacies will be questioned and actioned.
- Team Leadership: Working with colleagues, with or without line management authority to achieve results through enthusiasm, motivation, commitment and determination.
- Strategic Thinking: Able to recognize patterns and create new concepts and models to explain situations that are conflicting. Has the ability to not only understand the conflict themselves but also present it to others using creative, conceptual and inductive reasoning.
- Information Seeking: Keen interest, curiosity and desire to know more. This involves more than asking the standard expected questions, it requires pressing for exact information that may be able to be used in the future.
- Impact and Influence: The awareness of one’s own impact and the ability to target this for the desired effect, as well as the ability to position and bring into play others key members of staff in order to influence events towards positive conclusions. It is marked by an ability to overcome obstacles internally and externally by unlocking situations.
- Organisational Awareness: Understands and learns the power relationships in one’s own organisation or in other organisations (customers, suppliers etc). Has the ability to identify who are the real decision-makers and the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organisation
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: HH Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law
Job Type: Full-time