Pricing Specialist – Print & Packaging
Perform vendor sourcing activities, ensuring that maximum added value is derived from the sourcing processes adopted and that all targets are met or exceeded
To apply please send updated CV to email@example.com
Overview of the Strategic Sourcing Team
The strategic sourcing team role is very distinct from that of the operational Print Buyers located at client sites. Our role is to rationalize spend into a right sized, Indonesia focused vendor base, selected because they can meet the diverse needs of our client base. In addition, we then work with those vendors to drive and deliver continuous improvements and sustainable cost reduction.
- Perform vendor sourcing activities, ensuring that maximum added value is derived from the sourcing processes adopted and that all targets are met or exceeded
- Manage the dependencies between sourcing and relevant business areas to ensure effective handovers, supplier liaison and involvement of the appropriate parties as part of deal transition
- Create and maintain supplier risk profiles and ensure the effective contribution to overall risks
- This role will be focused on Packaging & Print procurement – knowledge of Temporary Point of Sale an advantage.
- Establish potential savings benefit for target clients arising from HH Global procurement model in relevant category spend through determining baseline spend and identifying opportunities
- Work with HH Global account teams to ensure that savings targets are met or exceeded in nominated accounts
- Take relevant products and services to market (utilising all relevant procurement tools, eg e-auction etc) to negotiate contracts (price and service) with relevant approved vendors, before handing contracts to HH Global account teams for administration
- Support the management of the transfer of production of products and services from incumbent suppliers to new vendors, when and where appropriate – explore opportunities of onshore v offshore by working with the Central Sourcing Office in China
- Support the programme of relevant information dissemination for all products and services to HH Global account teams and associated clients to ensure that account teams and clients have a well-informed understanding of potential value of, in particular, emerging technologies
- Understand relevant client accounts and work with account teams and clients to design, develop and deliver solutions in line with HH Global declared objectives of refining process and improving product quality, value and efficiency whilst enhancing effectiveness of communication piece
- Foster a best practice vendor selection and procurement process across all HH Global account teams
- Conduct vendor compliance audits with regard to quality, social responsibilities, specific client needs etc.
- Determine, with relevant HH Global Account Directors (GADs), criteria for identifying value and profile of work which would automatically be referred to Strategic Sourcing Manager for review at initial scoping/RFP stage
Strategic Sourcing Service Delivery
- Support HH Global Operations and Business development with insight and creative solutions when crafting bid responses
- Support Category Management response in developing and delivering proposals and presentations outlining value to target clients of HH Global’s category sourcing strategy
Technical Skills and Personal Attributes
- Relationship and partnership approach
- Relevant procurement qualification or experience
- Understanding of retailer and brand operations
- Proven experience of design, prototype and approval processes for Luxury Packaging
- Proven experience of Print pre-press and proofing
- Proven experience of all relevant manufacturing (paper, wood, acrylic, metal, etc.) processes
- Strong communication and Influencing skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Customer and market oriented
- Leads Innovation and Change
- Experience of carrying out vendor audits – CSR and quality
- Ability to implement innovative sourcing strategies to maximise value and execute best in class deals
- Supplier communications and management in order to achieve leading commercial solutions.
- Proven financial achievements - cost and income contribution.
- Multi-lingual skills an advantage
- Tactful stakeholder management - internal & external
- Understanding of quality systems and social responsibilities compliance requirements
- Proven experience of Print procurement in APAC