IT Senior Network Engineer
To provide IT Systems and network related design, analysis and troubleshooting to all areas of the HH Global business. As a Senior Network Engineer at HH Global, you will design, implement, support, and manage complex data networks. This position entails leadership in the design of future networks as the company grows, including product evaluation, testing, participation in product development, and in-depth troubleshooting. Soft skills as well as technical skills are important in the position of a Sr. Network Engineer. Sound understanding of enterprise and service provider applications to the business unit is critical. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as the ability to create and deliver effective presentations. A Sr. Network Engineer will also need to work closely with other department heads and must possess the ability to see both the large and small picture.
To apply please send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
HH Global is a global marketing services group specialising in the execution of print, digital and retail media. Providing services to brands and retailers, both directly and via their nominated agencies, HH Global delivers a seamlessly integrated customer brand experience and a greater measurable return on marketing investment.
With offices across Europe, the US, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, we deliver for some of the most successful and challenging brands in the world and are a market leader in the coordinated, leveraged, management of global marketing supply chains to unify and synchronise all customer touch points across print, digital and retail media.
- Provide escalation support for the IT Infrastructure Services team.
- Prioritisation of tasks ensuring workload is managed and task conflicts resolved.
- Working closely with all IT members to ensure a consistent approach is used for all IT projects and support issues.
- Ensure a seamless service and system delivery to the business by ensuring business continuity and information security for the systems which the job holder is responsible for.
- Ensure service delivery to the business by managing and achieving contracted service levels and committed deadlines.
- Manage and coordinate all IT assets to comply with the business and company standards/policies and procedures. Also ensure that software license compliance levels are adhered to.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation and schedules are maintained for hardware, software licenses and consumables.
- Ensure that all systems and software are kept up-to-date with the latest manufacturer's service packs and patches.
- Ensure that all appropriate systems are backed up and fireproof copies are maintained.
- Ensure that all systems are protected by Anti-Virus software and this software is kept up-to-date to offer protection from the latest threats.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and support continuous improvement initiatives under direction of the Head of IT.
- Manage any external staff that may need to be used to meet skills or resource shortages.
- Ensure that no software is loaded without IT Department approval.
- Ensure maintenance agreements are up to date on IT systems, software and networking devices.
- Ensure the company at all times is legal in terms of computer software.
- Ensure that IT systems and networks provide the best possible service to the business.
- Maintain the security and integrity of all IT systems and data.
- Recommend and ensure that resilient solutions have been implemented to provide professional disaster failover capabilities for our IT systems.
- Adhere to best working practices as defined by industry standards and HH Global policies.
- Recommend areas of improvement in existing IT systems including consolidation, centralisation or additional initial investment that leads to long term company savings.
Key Skills Required
- 8-10 years of experience as a Network Engineer with 5+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on standards, design, and implementation.
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions to aid the account team and business development.
- Industry leading certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper and others)
- Strong LAN and WAN technologies, including routing, switching, firewalls, WAN acceleration and load balancing
- Strong VLAN Management and administration experience
- Strong experience in wired and wireless based networking
- Expert knowledge of common network architectures/switching technologies
- Strong experience at contributing to the continuous design, implementation and support of major networks for a large multi-site organisation
- Monitoring performance of selected network devices and servers to identify potential issues and bottlenecks.
- Experience in designing, implementing, operating and troubleshooting complex international data networks in a service provider environment
- Expert-level understanding of Layer 2 and 3 internetworking technologies
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, netflow, access-control lists, policy-based routing, firewalls, peering, and DNS
- Significant OSPF, ISIS and BGP design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience with MPLS in a provider environment is preferred
- Experience with Quality of Service in various data/voice network implementations
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking, and other network vendor platforms.
- Sound understanding of transport technologies from carriers such as Level3, Zayo & Century Link
- Experience with configuration of Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and Juniper)
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.