Account Director is responsible for strategic management and development of assigned account regionally by leading, inspiring, coaching and empowering team members of respective account team.
To apply please send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction of the role
- Account Director is accountable for designing client specific strategy and structure, communication channels, processes and tools to support the designed strategy as well as developing client relationships exploring new business opportunities according to the client specific strategy. Account Director is accountable for the P&L of their regional account and coordinates with Regional & Global Account Director and Business Director to achieve required deliverables and standard of service.
- Account Director implements and executes the vision and strategy of the company as defined by the HH Global APAC Leadership / Management Team.
- To achieve this, the Account Director must be an accountable leader, strategic thinker, excellent communicator, negotiator, self-starter and team player.
- Definition and implementation of client specific strategy
- Works with HH Global Leadership Team to define client specific strategy according to the overarching regional business strategy and brings client and market specific insights.
- Defines the team structure, roles, competencies and resources to ensure successful execution of the strategy and ensure standard of service provided to client
- Cultivation of business relationships
- Develops and keeps excellent relationships with strategic-level client contacts, collects regular feedback and ensures implementation of required actions internally and closes the feedback loop by communicating output to the client.
- Negotiates the regional contract and changes to the contract as well as coordination of regional SLA’s and specifics in cooperation with Global Account Director.
- Advocates for expansion of relationship both within the core retail fixtures business but also in areas of local project management services, digital and sustainability pursuant to the company vision.
- Acts as point of escalation for any client related issues and proactively manages the resolution process with frequent updates and satisfaction measures
- Helps define briefs, problems to be solved and works together with other internal teams on scoping, shaping, building and scaling solutions through design thinking method.
- Regional Resource and Process Management
- Oversees team’s scope of work and execution of key client deliverables, regularly reviews status of project execution supervising of the projects, reviewing and monitoring activity and manpower utilization and ensuring high quality of the team’s output.
- Coordinates regional tenders and ensures valid input from all markets and offices (presentation, pricing, sourcing strategy), consolidates and communicates final output to client.
- Drives continuous improvement of the processes/communication within the team and with supporting service departments utilizing system/available tools with special focus on regional consistency in deliverables and communication.
- Identifies areas of potential change and introduces new ideas into existing work methods.
- Secures resources and maintains relationships with key stakeholders within HH Global and builds network of internal and external partners to help him promote implementation of new solutions and business models.
- Communicates with the HH Global Leadership Team about the status of the account and suggests new measures to be introduces where required.
- Development of Leaders
- Mentors and supervises Account Team in multiple offices for efficient utilization of capacities, optimization of processes, knowledge sharing, internal (cross-team) fairness, etc.
- Coaches and mentoring account teams’ mid-tier leaders, long term strategy in planning resources and hiring (in cooperation with HR department and regional leadership teams), performance management, organizational development, providing ongoing support and fostering team work.
- Management of budget and team:
- Accountable for overall regional account performance, budget management and personnel decisions of assigned teams, setting and evaluating strategic KPIs for team members, adopts corrective measures if necessary.
- Preparation of budgets and work back schedules for high-performance or unique projects, overseeing profitability and providing income forecasts and updates as deemed necessary.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Client Service, Project Management AND Retail Store Design to Build and Fixtures Development and minimum 5 years in senior role
- 10+ years of experience on China business
- Proven record of managing and developing multiple client accounts on regional/global level.
- Managerial experience (leading, developing and coaching team members) is a must.
- Leadership skills – ability to guide, direct, or influence people; active listening, providing feedback, be accountable and transparent and earning credibility by role modeling – leading by examples. Ability to quickly become a trusted and respected member of the team.
- Exhibiting strong strategic, acute to P&L figures and operational decision-making skills.
- Negotiation skills – ability to use a range of approaches and strategies to build a stronger negotiation base and form long-term relationships.
- Deep knowledge of the client’ s business and brands.
- Self-motivated, confident leader, coach and mentor
- Entrepreneurial minded with natural drive for development and self-improvement
- Convincing presenter with excellent communication skills for both personal and written interaction with clients
- Open, honest and direct
- Willing to travel
- Flexible, dedicated, and passionate for the job
- Willing to do hands on work as needed
- Team player and a strategic thinker
- Empathetic and social person for daily interaction with many people
- Advanced level of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must
- ERP experience is a plus
- Experience with CAD / Sketchup / Adobe CC applications is a great benefit
- Level of English close to native speaker is a must
- Mandarin is a must
- Another language (relevant for client’s needs) is an advantage