Five predictions on sustainability
Partnership to weather the change
At HH Global, we keep a keen eye on future trends and sustainably-driven initiatives that provide solutions for our clients. As part of our commitment to be “eco-invested”, here are insights by Colin Curtis, HH Global Sustainability Manager, on the top five sustainability predictions for 2017.
Taking action in the here and now
- 2017 is the year to take action, “Increasingly there’s evidence that collectively we can make a significant difference”, says Curtis. “Whether it’s consumers taking action as a result of the BBC’s “Hugh’s War on Waste” and Jamie Oliver’s ceaseless campaigning, or businesses being inspired by Unilever’s leadership and focus on sustainable, positive change is possible and it’s definitely starting to happen – people power is a reality”.
Partnership to weather the change
- Change is coming and together we can take it on. The coming year the effects of climate change and its potential future impact will be recognized. “However”, declares the ever-optimistic Curtis, “if we have greater acceptance of the reality of climate change, then more of us can come together as a force for good”.
Visionary thinking promotes innovative solutions
- Renewable energy sources have been debated for decades, but Curtis hopes that we’ll now see the discussion change, to how and when renewables can become the main form of power. A number of countries have shown that renewables are a viable alternative to fossil fuels: with Portugal utilizing wind, sun, and water for 107 hours1 and Denmark predicting to reach 100 percent renewable electricity by 20352.
Setting the goals for success
- Can you define your company’s sustainability goals? Are you complying to a sustainability standard? Do you have a grasp of the global industry goals? Curtis hopes that any confusion and inconsistency over the definition of sustainability ends in 2017, as companies get behind the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years, and for the goals to be reached, everyone needs to do their part: governments, businesses, and individuals.
Change for the positive through connected system
- Implementation of concentric technology systems will reap benefits to companies that are driven to achieve meet their sustainable goals.
Curtis predicts that technology will have a major role to play in 2017. “There should be a lot of optimism about the good technology can do”, say Curtis, “connected technology in particular, such as smart buildings; smart heating systems; and electric, autonomous, vehicles could make a dramatic and positive change to the world”.
On the whole it looks like there’s a lot to be optimistic about in 2017, and if we all participate, our world and businesses could significantly benefit.
As a sustainability leader, HH Global proactively drives action for results. At HH Global, we work in tandem with our supplier and clients to reduce the environmental impact of their marketing programs. From helping to plant trees with Woodland Trust, to directing program for our clients to achieve compliance for paper output, we take action to partner in our clients’ sustainability initiatives. It’s why leading brands trust HH Global to provide solutions for their print, packaging, and creative production that work for today and tomorrow.
To learn more about HH Global's sustainability initiatives, click here.