VAT & Indirect Tax Manager - Leatherhead, Surrey
Senior VAT specialist will be responsible for all aspects of UK VAT and have a watching brief over indirect tax matters relating to multiple overseas jurisdictions with a focus on Europe. In addition he/she will have overall responsibility for implementation of a new Indirect tax system and subsequent maintenance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the Senior VAT specialist will be responsible for all aspects of UK VAT and have a watching brief over indirect tax matters relating to multiple overseas jurisdictions with a focus on Europe. In addition he/she will have overall responsibility for implementation of a new Indirect tax system and subsequent maintenance.
- Day to day responsibility for all aspects of UK VAT.
- Chief point of contact at Corporate Head Office for overseas entities.
- Liaison with Group tax advisers as appropriate.
- Filing of required documents with HMRC.
- Assisting in the month-end process as required for related accruals and prepayments.
- Involvement with acquisitions as required.
- Supporting the annual budget and mid-year reforecast processes as appropriate.
- Provision and delivery of training material to increase knowledge of indirect tax issues and thereby reducing the number of problems before they arise.
- Supporting the UK and overseas accounting teams as appropriate with indirect VAT matters.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and answering queries from Senior Finance staff as required.
- Liaising with other HH global finance staff.
- Improving the processes around indirect tax monitoring and reporting.
This list is not exhaustive and is designed to identify the main priorities of the role.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- VAT Qualified accountant with a sound knowledge of accounting.
- Corporate tax knowledge not essential but very useful.
- Strong previous experience as an indirect tax specialist in industry or a top 10 accountancy firm.
- Strong numeracy skills;
- Strong knowledge of excel;
- Strong communication skills – both internally and externally in order to explain tax matters to lay persons.
- Experience of dealing with and resolving queries;
- Experience of working in a rapidly changing entrepreneurial culture;
- Strong experience with a well-known indirect tax system (particularly Avalara) would be an advantage,
- Strong organisational/time management skills;
- Eye for detail;
HH Global is an industry-leading organisation and we deliver exceptional standards of service. Our team is our greatest advantage and we offer fantastic opportunities for professional growth and development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent career prospects and we are always looking for enthusiastic and innovative talent, with a desire for a challenging and rewarding career.
HH Global is an equal opportunities' employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the large volume of applications received during our recruitment campaigns, we are unable to respond to all applications directly. Therefore if you have not received a response from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has not been progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process on this occasion.