Technical Production Designer
Production designer with great experience creating graphics for retail fixtures.
About HH Global
We are a global marketing services group specializing in the execution of print, digital and retail media. Providing services to brands and retailers, both directly and via their nominated agencies, HH Global delivers a seamlessly integrated Customer Brand Experience and a greater measurable return on marketing investment (ROMI).
With offices across Europe, the US, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, HH Global delivers for some of the most successful and challenging brands in the world and is a market leader in the coordinated, leveraged, management of global marketing supply chains to unify and synchronize all customer touch points across digital, print and retail media.
The HH Global proposition includes: Marketing Technology; Media Asset Management; Creative Production; Artwork Management; Trans creation and Adaptation; Marketing Procurement; Production Management and Marketing Fulfillment.
Job Description- Technical Production Designer
Reporting to: VP Global Client Services
Where: Mountain View, CA
Summary of role:
Are you a talented production designer with a passion for creating vibrant, engaging point of sale and permanent displays? We are currently in need of a production designer with great experience creating graphics for retail fixtures.
This role will support a number of upcoming projects including in-store pop-ups in retail stores and launch events in worldwide locations for high profile brand activation projects.
Preferable candidates would possess a technical skillet, an understanding of 3D visualizations for retail stores and a passion for process. Someone who has a strong background with Point of Sale and /Point of purchase displays. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of all aspects of print production design and be working alongside a talented team which consists of Technical and Creative mechanical artists. Must be proficient in creating print ready mechanical.
The main requirements are somebody who has impeccable technical design skill, who relishes the challenge of creating order and process to bring to life stunning displays for one of the world’s most recognizable brands.
The Production Designer is someone who can:
- Create accurate production ready files in InDesign and Illustrator from agency visuals and or style guides.
- Understands the principles of design, when to follow rules and when to break them.
- Can implement and refine content across a range of mechanical sizes and languages.
- Creates design adaptations at different aspect ratios and scales while applying creative content using brand standards to create multiple deliverables.
- Communicate with all stakeholders by sharing and documenting any issues or knowledge to ensure consistency
- Has deep understanding, knowledge and experience with POS and POP
- Has experience in the retail environment
- Work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing a high volume workload including foreign language versions
- Understand the components of an in-store marketing campaign and execute flawlessly
- Can manage a proofing process
- Develops a good understanding of the client’s business and industry sector
- Build iron relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing their expectations
- Is committed to 100% accuracy of their own output
Consistently deliver quality outputs in an exciting and dynamic environment with an ability to work to tight deadlines?
Do you have?
The ability to execute within timelines and with multiple stakeholders?
Key Driver: To deliver top quality print mechanicals to a worldwide group on time
- Define and articulate a design system when presented with inconsistent visual interpretation.
- Production of detailed artwork specifications for print and production process.
- Delivering on time, to specification, to a high quality.
- Providing technical input and advice on projects as required to achieve high quality
- Consistently communicate with manager regarding project status and challenges
- Management of team matrices and day to day work in progress docs.
- Monitoring high standards and working with agency contacts on new methods and procedures.
- Ensuring and developing best practice principles in conjunction with wider team.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a technical production designer
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Project management and process improvement skills: Track record in managing high impact projects seamlessly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, showing a high attention to detail
- Ability to work under their own initiative, whilst seeking advice where appropriate
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty – often driven by incomplete/uncertain information
Core Competencies/Personality Profile
Naturally builds and maintains rapport with key stakeholders. Understands the business environment, organization and provides a prompt and efficient service to ensure that client needs are met.
Planning and organizing
Plans and schedules tasks to ensure the best use of time and resources. Takes a logical and systematic approach to work.
Quality and operational excellence
Demonstrates a commitment to quality and operational excellence. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement. Ensures processes are adhered to.
Positively embraces change, accepts new approaches and maintains own effectiveness in situations of uncertainty. Takes a flexible approach to work and encourages others to do so.
Personal and team development
Takes responsibility for own development, seeking out and acting upon feedback on own performance. Works collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals. Shares information and ideas with others.
Demonstrates the relevant technical/professional skills related to the role. Makes decisions and solves problems based on sound technical knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: HH Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law