Print Commodity Manager
The Commodity Manager for Paper and Printing Substrates is responsible for managing the HH Global substrates program.
Commodity Manager – Paper & Printing Substrates
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Commodity Manager for Paper and Printing Substrates is responsible for managing the HH Global substrates program. They will liaise directly with the HH Global onsite teams, substrate distributors, manufacturers and print production suppliers daily.
Substrates include, but are not limited to: paper, such as coated and uncoated freesheet and coated and uncoated groundwood; point-of-sale (POS/POP) type substrates such as styrene, PVC, plastic fluted corrugate, foam core; and folding carton and printable corrugate materials commonly used in secondary packaging such as SBS and CCN.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure HH Global’s substrate program is aligned with the best manufacturers and utilized by all suppliers while working closely with the HH Global teams to ensure substrates for all production is fit for purpose, delivered on time and at the most competitive market rates available.
The Commodity Manager for Paper and Printing Substrates will, in conjunction with the procurement team, select the most appropriate manufacturers, distributors and raw material brands, negotiate costing within defined limits and ensure that internal procedures are followed at all times. The role will monitor internal quote and sales reports daily to help drive compliance as well as work closely with our supply chain to ensure all delivery deadlines, requirements and SLA’s are adhered to.
- Run and analyze activity reports daily
- Manage supplier program compliance with our suppliers
- Develop and manage substrate purchasing strategy
- Support our client teams with solutions
- Manage substrate supply chain and pricing
- Research and advise on suitable substrates
- Support the Purchasing team with substrate supply
- Work within e-procurement systems
- Work with manufacturers and distributors to support programs
- Create reports and scorecards of supplier compliance and quality
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with the Paper, POS substrate or Printed Corrugate industries, Manufacturers, Distributors
- Advanced level of Excel experience a must
- Experience with color management a plus
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong negotiation skills
- Both strong written and communication skills
- A basic knowledge and interest in the printing and packaging industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: HH Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law
Job Type: Full-time
- advanced level excel: 5 years
- printing /packaging industry: 1 year
- Color Management: 5 years
- managingsubstrate purchasing strategies: 5 years
- working with Paper/POS subtrate: 5 years